Tuesday, August 14, 2012

BLOG: Week 8 (EDUC 6357)
(PHOTO: All children learn differently and are beautiful!) My professional goal is to become a developmental therapist. I will work with children from birth to age three who exhibit developmental delays. These delays can manifest in a variety of ways. The cultural background of the families will also be very different. I hope that as a developmental therapist, I will be respectful and accepting of diversity. It is important to treat each child as an individual and understand that they may learn differently. I am a strong believer that all children can learn at their own pace if given the proper tools and strategies. (PHOTO: My son, Noah, on his first day of school. Kindergarten! The love of school starts so early!!!)
One goal that I have for the field of early childhood education is to provide tools for all struggling students. I also think that it is important to integrate Response to Intervention at the preschool level. Many children struggle, but do not qualify for special education services. Providing tools and strategies (and a protocol) to help these students would be helpful. (PHOTO: My kiddos...so different, but all wonderful!)
Thank you to all my colleagues! It has been a pleasure learning more about diversity with you all. Hoping the best in the next (and last) two courses!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot Sarah for all your postings: I have been following your blog and have learned a lot through it. I think your goals as stated in this week's blog are good and will impact well on early childhood education field as well as make you a professional that will be of tremendous blessings to the field. I wish you well and success in your career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I agree with you that it is so important to understand that each child learns differently. Thank you for all of your insights! Reading your blog and discussion posts have given me new insights and had me thinking in a totally different way. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete