Friday, March 9, 2012

Week 2 6164

This is actually something similar to a discussion that I had with my husband this week in wake of the catastrophic tornado activity in our state.  Honestly, I believe that preserving our culture would be importantm but the health and safety of my family would be most important. 
The three items: 
*I would take would be my photo album containing photos of my granparents, my parents, my in-laws, my sister's family, my husband's siblings, my husband and I as children, and of course my own children.  The photos are of major events such as birth, baptism, holidays, or weddings.
*A Bible. 
*A container containing baby supplies of my children. 

I would keep the photo album.  While the Bible is important in my faith journey, I do not feel that I would need a physical representation to continue to pray.  The baby clothes and blankets would represent my love of family and how family-centered we are.  It would also be represented in the photo album.  The family photo album would demonstrate our love of family and that most events are a family affair.  The photos would include our faith (by photos of baptisms and holidays) and our love of family (by including our loved ones). 
These are examples of photos that are in the photo album.  The first photo is of my nephews (Mekhi and Masen) and Noah; second photo is of my niece (Maddy) and Owen; third photo is of Masen and Ella; fourth photo is of them enjoying breakfast before school.  Family time is the best!!!




I have always known that my life revolves around family.  While giving up the Bible would be difficult, I would also want my children to have photos of their family heritage.  This was an interesting assignment. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, Your idea of the contaier of aby clothes and blanketss was a good one. I also chose to bring a photo album. Your post made me think of the idea of having a keepsake box with all the little items that are important to me and my family. Hopefully, we will never have to make these decisions because they are very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the Bible and baby supplies and immediatly thought'" why didn'y I think of that" That you so much for sharing your photo's it really gives greater insight. The Bible is also an iten of great importance to me and one you would need in such a time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really thought of having a container of baby supplies, that is a good idea. My husband is very sentimental like that and he probably would of thought about that..

    This assignment made me think about what items my children might take. My oldest daughter would bring her Bible and video camera, My oldest son would bring his MP3 player, my youngest son would try to bring all of his toys and my youngest daughter would probably want all of her dolls or her clothes. It is interesting to think about what we would want but also what is important to them.

    ReplyDelete