Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sharing Web Resources-Part 2 (Week 4)

Zero to Three

On the website, there was a section titled, “I Like Me”: Developing Self-Esteem in the Early Years.  Dr. Jeree Pawl describes how young children develop self-esteem, and how parents can nurture a strong, positive sense of self in their young children.   Dr. Pawl is a clinical psychologist who has worked with babies, toddlers and their families for 40 years. She is also on the Board of Directors at ZERO TO THREE.

This section could be controversial because it did not talk about how environmental factors impact self-esteem.  I know from teaching in an emotional disabilities classroom, that often times environmental factors play a part in behavioral issues. 



 BRAIN QUIZ  (I love to look at articles about the brain because of my youngest son’s unique brain issues.  The brain is very resilient and I love to read about it.)

This Brain Quiz was created to introduce some of the basic concepts concerning early brain research in a way that challenges early childhood professionals or parents to think critically and creatively about what we have heard about the research. Test yourself to see what facts and misinformation you have heard concerning infants and brain development.  This was a very interesting quiz regarding the research of the brain.  This research could help economists and policy makers with funding issues in regards to early childhood education. 
 

I think that this website provides great information for parents, pediatricians, and early childhood professionals.  It separates some age ranges and provides what developmental milestones occur during this time frame. 

                                               



5 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    I love the Zero to Three website. I must check out the brain quiz this week. Have you received an e-newsletter as of yet?
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I had to contact them because they were showing up like blank emails, but now I can read them. THANK YOU AGAIN for the great contacts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,

    I enjoyed your post and learning more about the zero to three website. I really enjoyed the information on self esteem. It is so important.


    Also, as always very cute pictures! Hope you had a great thanksgiving!

    Hailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I enjoy your weekly post. I agree brain research is very interesting, an amazing the studies that have done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, I love the zero to three web site, they ahev such wonderful info and resources.

    ReplyDelete