Friday, November 4, 2011

Getting Ready-Establishing Contacts and Expanding Resources

Hello!  I am excited to be starting another course and "chugging" through these courses.  I must say, this educational experience is soooooo much different (with a husband, kids, bills, etc) than my experience at Purdue, but I am learning so much. 

Part 1: Establishing Professional Contacts
I have emailed several people and have a response from one that is willing to discuss the information with me.  I am excited to learn more about her and Hungary's early childhood system.  Many of the people are concerned about the time constraint, so I am trying to contact more than one so I have a back up each week. 
Part 2: Expanding Resources
I am excited about the www.zerotothree.org organization.  I have looked at specific articles on the website before, but never took the time to really read it.  It has a lot of information.  One thing that caught my attention was the BRAIN MAP section this week.  My son, Owen, has significant diffuse white matter loss throughout his brain, so I am always intrigued by articles concerning the brain.  (Owen is still undergoing genetic testing and HOPEFULLY his condition is non-progressive.  Feel free to visit his site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/owenred)  I signed up for mail from them and registered.  Excited to learn more. 

My advice to you about establishing contacts is try a lot of people.  I am always so nervous that I will not have the information that I need when I have to post, so hopefully with more than one person I will have at least one person respond in time. 

Best wishes to you all!!!
Sarah

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited to work in class with you once again! I always love reading your posts! I am excited that you have heard from someone and hope you hear from more. I agree, it is always best to have many resources!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    Good idea to have a couple of contacts! I have really enjoyed the articles from Zero To Three as well. I look forward to exploring their website further! I thought I might subscribe to the journal only to discover how expensive it is for non-residents!
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,
    I so agree with you on making sure you have enough people to ensure that you will get enough responds back on time to complete the assigment. This is my biggest thought! thank you for sharing!
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the more people you have to gather information from the better the information you aquire. I also like the zerotothree webpage and often use it as reference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too agree with having a variety of contacts to insure that someone responds. I am looking forward to my responses. I also like zero-three resource,I use it often. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete