Friday, January 13, 2012

Research Simulation



OWEN...my early intervention star!!!
Ella and Noah...hugs!!!
Noah, Owen, & Ella...sibling love!!!

My background is in special education.  My goal is to become a developmental therapist.  However, it is my role as a mother of a child with special needs helped me formulate my research simulation.  My topic is parent knowledge of available services as a factor in children's effective transition from early intervention to preschool. 

My son just turned 3 and aged-out of First Steps.  If I did not have a background in special education, I would not have been prepared for transitioning my son from early intervention services.  As a developmental therapist, I hope that I will be informed in guilding parents in the right direction and help ease the transition into preschool. 

I found some good articles about my topic, but I am not exactly sure how to run the study.  I am thinking that I will survey parents of children who are about to or have just aged-out of early intervention services. 

6 comments:

  1. Sorry for the spelling errors...I posted with a sick child laying on me last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I really enjoy how you envolve your children pictures into your blogs,I think that is very beautiful. Enjoyed you blog and I truly believe that you will be a great Therapist. I hope that you continue to do well. Surveying parents with children of your career interest sounds rewarding. Who would know first hands of what their child needs than the parent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!! I enjoyed your blog as always and really look forwarded to hearing more on your topic. I love how you are using your personal experiences to help others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    That sounds like a fascinating study, and, again, it reflects your passion for the area of developmental delays. I am sure that this simulation will be extremely helpful to you personally also. I look forward to your conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah, I no longer in your group but I enjoy reading your blog so here I am. Your research simulation is very important, Head Start has excellent requirements for transition, maybe you can contact your area Head start program for specifics or research it on the web. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah the photo's of your family truely personalize your research and I think that is what will make your study great. It is something that you have a passion and desire to learn more about and the things that touch us most are in my opinion the best things to research. I look forward to reading what you learn and research as special needs is a great topic and a very real topic in education.

    ReplyDelete