Monday, December 19, 2011

Week 8 EDUC 6162

    WEEK 8

    Learning about the international early childhood field can lead people to be more sensitive to issues, become an advocate, or realize that the issues in thier area might not be that dire.  All children deserve the right to high-quality education and access to health care.  Dr. Grace stated that it is not fair to compare programs that are not on "even playing field".  However, I think that it will be very difficult to have all early childhood programs be on the same level since some countries have issues such as AIDS/HIV.  In these countries, their main goal is helping them survive to become a young child. 

    My professional goal is to become a developmental therapist.  I will be working with children from birth to age three who exhibit developmental delay.  I will try to help them gain skills in order to be better prepared for school.  All children learn differently and have differing abilities.  It is important that I learn from other global situations, advocate for young children, and help families understand the laws and the services that their child is eligible for. 

    4 comments:

    1. Your blogs have provided wonderful information about early childhood in Ontario. I have enjoyed learning about early childhood in other countries.
      Wish you all the best,
      Tamara

      ReplyDelete
    2. I absolutely love reading your blog. I agree that it is important to advocate. I wish you all the best on your journey to become a developmental therapist!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I agree that we as early childhood educators must steput of our comfort zone and be advocates..thank you for sharing your expertise and passion in the field.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thank you for all your posts and how informative they are. I agree with you that all children should be entitled to high-quality education.

      ReplyDelete