Friday, September 16, 2011

Relationship Reflection

*What do I look for in a friendship?  -honesty, straightforward communication, mutual respect, nonjudgemental
*What special characteristics helps them stand out from other relationships? -I think that it is important to have a lot of mutual communication, to not feel that I am the only one trying in the relationship, honesty, not feeling judged, and feeling respected. 
*What would my life be without the "influential" relationships? -I love being able to be open and honest.  I like having a good time and helping others when needed.  I would be lonely without these wonderful relationships. 
*What helps maintain these relationships over time? -mutual respect, honesty, open communication
*How can the experiences learned from these relationships impact my work as an effective early childhood professional? -I learn a lot from my loved ones.  I have learned to be open and honest.  I trust my loved ones and love not being judged. 
My parents have taught me a lot about relationships.  I have a wonderful relationship with each of my parents.  We speak daily.  We are honest with each other.  They do not judge me and help me in deciding important points in my life.  They talk openly with me and are caring.  This is type of relationship that I sought after in a mate.  I formed a wonderful relationship with my husband, Brian.  He is caring, honest, respectful, and nonjudgmental.  I hope that this is the type of relationship that I am forming with my own children. 
While writing down my "important" factors in a relationship, all of the points were things that this week's information encouraged in between parents and teachers. 

4 comments:

  1. I like how you tied in your factors that maintain a healthy relationship in with things that we were encouraged to do this week through our reading. I enjoyed reading about the wonderful relationships in your life. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that post gave me a werid name. But I posted this comment and the one with no name!
    -Hailey B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your article :Reflecting Relationships." It sounds like you are a great mom and teacher to you little ones. Keep up the great work..I am looking forward to reading more in future blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have such a great relationship with your parents! They are obviously able to treat you like an adult instead of as their child by listening nonjudgementally and giving you advice. That is a relationship that many people would love to have with their parents. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete