Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Early Childhood

Hello. My name is Sarah. 
I graduated from Purdue University in 2002 with a degree in Special Education.  I worked for several years in the IPS school system and greatly enjoyed teaching.  I taught inclusion at the 5th grade level.  I loved it.  After my first son was born, I taught for one year at a township school.  I taught 6th-8th grade self-contained Emotional Disabilities.  This position was very challenging, but rewarding.  I loved working with these students.  After my son's first birthday, I became a stay at home mom.  I love it.  I watched my youngest nephew and niece for a few years prior to having Owen and Ella in December 2008. 
My youngest son, Owen, has physical and developmental delays.  He receives physical, occupational, developmental, and speech therapies in our home several times a week.  It is wonderful to see my children develop!  I am so proud of all their developments; however, seeing my Owen work so hard at mastering a skill makes me swell up with pride.  I am so proud of him!!!

1 comment:

  1. Response to Personal Childhood Web:
    I can tell you are a very dedicated mom and educator. I love your passion for your family. =) I hope to one day have a family of my own. (no time soon though)Your grandparents remind me of mine. My grandmother was telling me yesterday how sweet of a child I was and to myself I'm thinking I was bad lol. It just shows her love for her grandchildren and how she only see's the good in us. Great Pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete